Home

Why "Joy"

Joy is a choice you make each and every day! Joy is a gift from our Heavenly Father! It is your weapon! When you smile at someone...they smile back. When you laugh...others will laugh with you. When you think happy thoughts...you feel better. Come on...Do some "Joy" things...kick the devil where it hurts! Defeat him!! Psalm 28:7 "The Joy of the Lord is my Strength and my Shield, my heart trusts in Him and He helps me. My heart leaps for Joy, and with my song I praise Him"



Saturday, June 25, 2011

Crackle Dresser

 These are the drawers before anything was done....sorry forgot to take a pic of the base before
 I painted everything a soft grey color....naaa...didn't like it..so painted it all black...
 I used my blue painters tape and taped all around the edge...you can see the width ..using the edge of my dresser to make sure all lines were straight...then I painted the crackle in the middle....waited til it dried...painted the middle Antique White....You have to really be careful when you paint over crackle...you must make sure you go over it only one time....the crackle will pick up if you go over and over as you normally would paint....you don't want to start this project over..so it is wise to practice on something before starting.  
 You can see I did the same to the drawer fronts....
 I sponged paint over the black edges with Colonial Red...let it dry...then used the end of a sponge to just sponge paint the black ...needing to cover the lines between the Antique White and the Red....wish the picture was better....but it actually looked pretty cool.  You could use anything to do this with...I almost just used my finger...and painted it silver....but opted to keep with the red and black theme..
All the original hardware was still on this dresser...so I just cleaned it really good...I usually use a brush and soap and water....dry it really well....spray it with a metal primer...then sprayed with Black spray paint....let it dry for several days....I loved this piece and was so grateful when it sold.  I surely hope whomever has this loves it too.  I need to do another soon...hmmm....maybe soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment